It is difficult for businesses to manage and secure IoT devices because they are all different from each other. Businesses can secure their IoT devices by implementing a security plan and having a regular maintenance plan set in place.
There are 5 security steps that businesses can take when they are setting up their IoT devices:
- Change default passwords and adjust security settings to fit your specific needs.
- Turn off or disable any features that you don’t need.
- For devices that use third-party applications, only use legitimate applications from valid vendors.
- Update the device firmware and applications, to protect the device against known security vulnerabilities.
- Review the permissions that are required and limit the access when setting up applications on devices.
Lucrodyne is proud partners with Trend Micro. We have the skills and expertise to manage, protect, and optimize your business in the Cloud. Please contact our certified specialists today to discuss your cloud journey.
Read this article to learn more about the 5 IoT security steps businesses can use and the measures to help secure networks and routers.
Follow us for the latest cloud news and job opportunities